Monday, November 10, 2008

Cool picture

Isn’t this a great picture? I got it from a Facebook group called ‘The Africa you don’t see on the news’ or something like that. It’s taken from above the Zambezi river, on the Zimbabwe/Zambia border where you can do all sorts of adrenaline activities like jumping into the gorge like this guy, zip-lining across it, bungee jumping off the Vic Falls bridge, and white water rafting.

When I was there I did the rafting which was amazing. I went to the bridge to do the bungee jump, but after looking down went to town and spent the money on clothes. My excuse is that I was only 15 so I was allowed to be scared, and there’s something about diving headfirst off a bridge I just (still) don’t like. Sky diving would be different – I’d like that.

But this blog is supposed to be about how great Papua New Guinea is...so I better stop here as this it totally unrelated :-)

Next I’ll post some stories and pictures from the survey trip.

No comments: