Thursday, January 15, 2009

Photos

Well, things here are going well. It's 2:45pm on Thursday and I've just had another report approved for publication on the internet. Yes, I know you're fed up of hearing about this stuff...but it's all I've been working on for the past few weeks. Next week all that changes when we head out on a survey trip.

Every department in Ukarumpa takes an hour or so, once a week, to have a devotional time. We (the linguistics section) do ours on Thursdays, from 8:30-9:30am. Last night I got 'volunteered' to lead it, which I did this morning. It actually went well - I enjoyed it. Talked a bit about grace, with a story from my life (how God worked in my relationship with my sister - when I couldn't make it better, God changed it); then about how Jesus said, 'I assure you: whoever does not welcome the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it' (Mk:10:15) which is probably referring to how children don't earn gifts, they depend on others; and finally about the prodigal son in Lk 15, where all the son does is turn around and walk home, and the Father lavishes him with gifts, placing sandals on his feet, a ring on his finger, a robe on his shoulders, hugging and kissing him.

And here are some photos. (I didn't take them.)


PNG Highlands
Hello Cassowary
Finnistere mountain range
Fergusson and Goodenough Islands, Milne Bay Province
Dusk

No comments: