Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Oh, sorry, goodbye!

Me again (Dan).

I'm writing this from Dubai. I arrived here a few hours ago and have a couple of nights here. I'm staying in Dubai's only youth hostel (which the taxi driver had never heard of). It's alright. The guy sitting next to me on the plane had a Dubai Lonely Planet which he lent me. I made lots of notes and once we'd landed and I'd checked into the hostel I made my way straight to the place they recommend you get lost in: the old part of town with little streets, alleyways, spice and gold markets. It's fun. Last time I came here it was 37 degrees celcius when the plane landed at 5am before the sun came up. That was in July. Now it's a bit more civilised...around 30-35 during the day, I think.

Well, as Juliann said, I've left PNG. My two years is up. If you would like to keep in touch with me or to know what I'm doing next, email pngsurvey@gmail.com and Juliann will forward your email address to me. I won't be posting here any more. It's been fun. Hopefully hear from you soon. (The survey team are currently out on survey so Juliann won't get any emails from you for a week or so.)

No comments: