Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Damp Season

Hmmmm, it's another gray, rainy Wednesday morning during dry season in the highlands. So during rainy season we get torrential downpours most afternoons and many nights, but when it's not actually raining it's often gloriously sunny. Dry season, on the other hand, really ought to be called "damp season" (in my humble opinion) because it is more like one long steady trickle from a gray sky. Almost like living inside of a lightly raining cloud. Oh well, that's what raincoats are for. Sometimes on my way to and from the office I put my raincoat on over my backpack so my computer doesn't get wet. I look a bit like a hunchbacked turtle and lots of small children stop in the road to stare at me, but my computer stays dry!

1 comment:

Arukiyomi - the spreadsheet guy said...

sounds like Britain to me except don't think I'd go so far as to use the adverb "gloriously" too often!