Thursday, July 16, 2009

Off tomorrow!

Dude, I feel like it's been ages since I've blogged . . . I've been madly trying to finish up one last report before we leave for
survey . . . tomorrow!!! I got the report sent off to our consultant right before I left the office yesterday and I am very relieved. Now I can focus on getting ready to go tomorrow . . . the aviation van will pick us up at 6am and take us to the airstrip, where we will leave at 7am in a Cessna 206 (for those of you to whom that means anything . . . it would have meant nothing to me before I came here), a tiny 4-seater plane!

The other day I made trail mix for our long hikes, this morning I got my backpack mostly packed, so now I need to print out the questionnaires that we'll use when we interview people, meet with the translator who's coming with us to discuss a few last minute details, make sure we have copies of maps to bring with us, return books to the linguistics library, find blank minidiscs so we can record the word lists . . . hmmmm, what else? Maybe clean my desk if I have time.

And now one of our friends has arrived in the office with a "last dessert" as an afternoon snack . . . so I'm going to go have dessert and I'll get back to you in a week!

1 comment:

Megan said...

Have a great time! Thanks for keeping us updated :)