Thursday, June 10, 2010

Love the place you're in

I've been back in the US for over two months now and (as might be inferred from the profound silence on the part of this blog over the past two months) life has been moving along at full speed. There are a lot of things I enjoy about being back in my home country . . . being able to pay for all of my vegetables at the same time (with a credit card!) instead of scrounging up exact change for each pile of carrots I want to purchase . . . being able to simply drive to the store and buy new socks if I need them . . . eating moose tracks ice cream . . .

But there are also things I miss about life in Papua New Guinea . . . seeing people I know every time I go to the store . . . being able to walk everywhere . . . eating dinner with friends as a routine part of life . . .

Love the place you're in, that's what I say, because it would be far too easy to spend all your time missing the places where you're not!

No comments: