Tuesday, February 24, 2009

A bit of a late one...

...in two ways: late because I haven't blogged in ages and also because it's 10pm here and I've just come back to the office to do some more work.

In the last post I said I was about to start analysing the data. Well it's taking me a bit longer than I thought it would. I had hoped to have the whole survey report completed by last Friday. But, alas, that hasn't happened. I have three more work days here and unfortunately things aren't going as quickly as I would like. I prefer to be 'too' busy than bored though, so not too bothered.

On Thursday the linguistics section are having a little goodbye thing for me, on Friday evening I'm opening up my house for anyone who'd like to come and hang out and say goodbye and get some free goodies I'm giving away because I can't take them home with me, on Saturday the people who were on the same orientation course as me are getting together to have a goodbye meal, on Sunday I pack and on Monday at 8:30am I board the first plane of a few on my journey home to England.

I'm enjoying the business of it all and I'm wondering what I'm going to forget. I feel sad to leave friends and I'm looking forward to making new ones. I'm a little intimidated at having to leave the security of a community like this where I'm liked (on the whole...I think) and my work is appreciated and I'm intrigued to see what the future holds. I'm amazed to see how God has been good in bringing me this far and I try to have faith that he will continue to lead. I guess that's life sometimes: conflicting emotions and an uncertain future.

But right now I concentrate on getting all my current work finished. I think I'll do a couple hours work now and maybe go into work an hour late tomorrow. Until next time...

No comments: