Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The simple life

Shopping for a watch can be a bit overwhelming. Should you go to Wal-Mart, Target, Sears, J.C. Penny's, or K-Mart? Do you want a digital watch or one with hands? Buckle strap, velcro strap, clasp strap, or that stretchy metal kind of strap? Leather or synthetic? A cheap watch that won't be a big investment, or a nicer one that might last a bit longer? I know, it's SO complicated!

Not in PNG! The other day my (cheap Target digital synthetic velcro strap) watch that serves as my alarm clock finally gave out on me. So I went to the only store in Ukarumpa and bought the digital watch. The other one had hands. And I don't mean I bought the digital variety of watch. I quite literally bought the digital watch, because there was only one. They will probably order another one now that I bought that one. Ahhhh, the simplicity of life in PNG.

No comments: