Tuesday, April 21, 2009

I work, ants play

I think I already mentioned that Sara (my survey team mate) went to Australia to help take care of Krista, who needed surgery on her foot. Well, Sara's shoulder has really been bothering her, so she decided to go ahead and see a doctor while she was down there, and it turns out she needed surgery too! So I guess they're kind of taking care of each other. Please do pray for Sara and Krista, especially because Sara's recovery time is going to be a little longer than she first expected. They're hoping to be back in Ukarumpa later this week.

As for me, I am still deep in the world of survey reports. Today I'm taking a break from writing about Wagi language use to edit our Bena Scripture Use report. Whenever we write a report it gets checked by consultants, who write lots of useful comments before they send it back to us. Then we read the useful comments, make lots of brilliant changes and send it back to the consultants so they can read it again and make more useful comments. This process continues until everyone is happy with it.

I know this picture is a bit random, but it makes me laugh. There were about 20 ants partying at the drinking hole when I started getting my camera out, but I guess I scared most of them away.

No comments: