Thursday, January 28, 2010

Perspectives

For the Scripture Use conference, we wanted to provide the participants with the nicest food we could give them. One morning for breakfast, someone baked over 100 cinnamon rolls! Later that day, I was talking to one of the Papua New Guinean participants and she told me that one guy told her that he thought the breakfast was too sweet and she said to him, "You're supposed to be a missionary! Just eat it!" Perspectives can be so different . . . we tried to honor them with our best breakfast, but maybe they would rather have had boiled potatoes!

We all have different things on our list of "weird food I have had to eat as a missionary". For some people, that list might include grubs and sheep hearts. For others, it might include cinnamon rolls.

1 comment:

joyce said...

hi Juliann! I just remembered about this blog.
I feel sorry for that Papua New Guinean who had to eat sugar-bread for breakfast.
This reminds me of an illustration I really like, that Badi said in her testimony on here:
http://pngbta.org/node/61