Friday, December 12, 2008

Pics

Just a few of my favourite photos. They're pretty old. You may have seen them already.

When we arrive in the country, during orientation we stay with a family for five weeks, in their village, to learn about PNG culture, the Tok Pisin langauge and to just make friends. This is my adopted grandma. I called her "Ai", the term of respect for an older woman in the local language. She has a ready smile, an infectious laugh, no teeth, and very large cigarettes.

One day in the village my family told me to go to the wash place and look for the snake. This is what we found. The snake tried to eat the frog/toad; but the frog was cleverer than that and poisoned the snake. Which resulted in a sort of loveless Romeo and Juliet end scenario.1) Mr Bat, while still with us. If you're squeamish maybe stop here.

2) Being served with sweet potatoes and greens

No comments: