Sunday, December 14, 2008

Youth Centre

Yesterday I went to a local youth centre that has just been opened by John and Wendy Bailey, an Irish couple who work for NARI, and the rest of the board (all Papua New Guineans). The vision of this place is to see the youth in this valley come to know Christ. It will be open every Saturday from 2pm to 4:30pm. There are informal guitar classes, a pingpong table, books, jigsaws, drawing competitions, and sports. There are also times of worship, dramas and testimonies given. A team of 15-20(?) volunteers (of whom I am one) have committed to being involved in this project, to get alongside and serve the youth who come. I like how both expats and local people are on the team of volunteers and on the board. I like how we can all work together. Every week I look forward to going. Please pray that God would touch the lives of many youth and that they in turn would become disciplers of many.

No comments: